Melbourne Grammar School enjoys a proud tradition of academic excellence, and currently offers scholarships for academically gifted students. Academic scholarships offer part remission of tuition fees. To be eligible, students must sit the scholarship entrance examination, and shortlisted applicants may also be invited to attend an interview with the Headmaster.
Scholarship applications are now open for 2018.
- Applications open – Thursday 20 October 2016
- Applications close – Friday 27 January 2017
- Scholarship exam – Saturday 11 February 2017
- For Year 7 entry, new students and existing Melbourne Grammar School students are eligible for scholarships.
- For Year 9 entry, new students and existing Melbourne Grammar School students are eligible for scholarships.
- Students planning to study at Melbourne Grammar School on a student visa are ineligible for scholarships.
Applications are administered by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) and applications must pay a registration fee. Registrations for Scholarships in Years 7 and 9 for 2018 are now open, please register online at http://www.mgs.vic.edu.au/mg/content/scholarships-0 (under “Application Process”)
2. EXAMINATION AND SHORTLISTING
Once an application has been processed, students will be required to sit the scholarship examination held at Melbourne Grammar School on Saturday 11 February 2017. Depending on the type of application, students may be asked to supply supporting documents or information.
3. INTERVIEW AND OFFER
Based on the results of the scholarship examination, shortlisted applicants may be invited to an interview with the Headmaster. Successful applicants may be offered a scholarship based on the exam results and the interview.
For further information please visit the school’s scholarship webpage :